The Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of Oregon (OPSO) is your voice to drive the healthcare policies that affect your profession. As part of a statewide, organized society, you can be assured that the issues that are important to you are being addressed at the state and national level. OPSO provides unity among you and your collegues to improve not only your profession, but the quality of life for your patients.
- OPSO is your your voice at the state capitol, ensuring ongoing representation of the osteopathic profession with state leaders.
- Providing osteopathic representation on state agencies and boards to ensure DO expertise is available for statewide policy decisions.
- Working to organize and sponsor the annual Osteopathic Physicians Day at the state capitol with DOs, osteopathic medical students and supporters from across the state.
- Affecting all physicians by working collaboratively with state and national organizations on upcoming legislation.
- Working closely with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) providing local representation on osteopathic certification, education and other policy issues.
- Sponsoring innovative CME programs that provide licensing, board certification and professional development needs leading to practice improvement
- Responding to member needs - from working with specialty society members to provide alternate education opportunities, to practice management concerns, OPSO is your resource
- Administering "Find a DO" referral system to assist the public seeking osteopathic physicians in their area
- Maintaining relevant and current resources on our website
- DO of the Year Award for outstanding leadership
- Publishing The Oregon DO newsletter
- Providing scholarship programs for local osteopathic medical students and residents
- Maintaining a dedicated seat on OPSO's board of directors for an osteopathic resident and medical student
- Sponsoring osteopathic awareness activities ranging from the history of the osteopathic profession to mock medical school interviews that provide a greater understanding of the osteopathic profession
- Collaborating with state and regional medical schools to assist with student to university matching
- Sponsoring and collaborating with osteopathic medical schools, participating in convocations, orientations, graduations and other ceremonies
- Scientific paper of the year award for the best resident paper submission
Join OPSO and take responsibility for the future of your profession.